Application Deadline: September 28, 2018 at 5 p.m. ET
The National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center (SESYNC) seeks a Research and Evaluation Assistant to join its programs team in supporting SESYNC’s research, evaluation, and monitoring efforts. Funded by an award to the University of Maryland from the National Science Foundation, SESYNC brings together the science of the natural world with the science of human behavior and decision-making to find solutions to complex environmental problems. We convene science teams to work on broad issues of national and international relevance, such as water resources management, land management, agriculture, species protection, among other areas of study. By supporting interdisciplinary science teams and researchers with diverse skills, data, and perspectives, SESYNC seeks to lead in-depth research and scholarship that will inform decisions and accelerate scientific discovery.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of activities centered on supporting our biannual request for proposals and postdoctoral fellowship program, tracking and monitoring Center activities, and analyzing outcomes. These responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support the proposal application process from start to completion, including monitoring proposal and review systems;
- Track and facilitate communications with prospective applicants and reviewers;
- Work with SESYNC leadership to prepare written materials and presentations for diverse outlets, including annual reporting to the University of Maryland and the National Science Foundation;
- Track materials relevant to the evaluation of participants and synthesis activities;
- Compile and assess Center outputs utilizing qualitative and quantitative tools for analyses; and provide general research support for program activities.
Learn more about the position and apply, here.